“A Broken Body isn’t a Broken Person”
- Janine Shepherd, who recovered from a horrific bicycle accident, talks about the human potential for recovery. Watch this, her message of perseverance is inspiring.
“Can We Domesticate Germs?”
- “I want to talk about diarrhea.” Paul Ewald discusses ways to minimize the effectiveness of germs
“The Wireless Future of Medicine”
- The Stethoscope: Extinct Technology? Eric Topol discusses new wireless gadgets that are changing the traditional role of the nurse.
“How We Read Each Others’ Minds”
- Rebecca Saxe – “I’m going to talk to you about the problem of other minds.”
“The Universal Anesthesia Machine”
- Erica Frenkel talks about the importance of having the proper anesthesia equipment in the operating room
“The Next Species of Human”
“Take Healthcare Off the Mainframe”
- Eric Dishman talks about the downfalls of our current healthcare networking system and what we need to do to fix it.
“Let’s Talk About Dying”
- Dr. Peter Saul discusses dying in the 21st century
“Experiments That Hint of Longer Lives”
- Cynthia Kenyon discusses the genetic factors that lead to longer youthful life.
“What Hallucination Reveals About Our Mind”
- Oliver Sacks discusses hallucinations in visually impaired people, and the biology associated with them.